Chapter President's Message
On behalf of the New Jersey Chapter of the Society for Information Management (SIM NJ), welcome to our website!
SIM NJ is proud to serve New Jersey's Chief Information Officers (CIO) and other senior information technology (IT) executives. Our member community is made up of experienced thought leaders who are passionate about the industry and consistently turn to SIM NJ to network, share ideas and best practices. We represent one of the largest and strongest SIM chapters with over 300 members (growing year over year) - 90% of which are IT practitioners.
Our members come together though our monthly meetings, CIO summit, mentorship program, CIO Roundtable, annual NJ SIM Foundation golf outing, social events, and online collaboration tools to enjoy camaraderie, network with colleagues, and exchange knowledge that influences the future IT direction of their organizations.
As President, I invite you to attend our monthly Executive Committee meetings, which are held at 3:00 PM, immediately prior to our monthly meetings. I also recommend that you participate in the committees that support the VP EC positions listed below and take full advantage of our service offerings in order to maximize your membership experience. Collectively, we will continue to build on our successes, broaden our service offerings, and bring value to each other by promoting an environment that champions thought leadership and encourages collaboration.
I am honored to serve as President of this premier network of IT leaders and to team with our devoted Executive Committee which is comprised of our:
- VP 's of Administration, who maintain our chapter policies, procedures and EC meeting minutes, ensure continuity, and organize our Princeton CIO Roundtables;
- VP's of Communications, who update our website and generate chapter email communications,
- President of the NJ SIM Foundation, which funds technology needs of charities within our state and provides needed scholarships for deserved IT students,
- VP's of Marketing, who increase our brand awareness and also publicize latest happenings via social and print media,
- VP's of Membership, who extend the ranks of our well regarded and collegial senior IT community,
- VP's of Membership Retention, who run our Mentorship Program, well executed New Member Social, and Members In Transition group and continually engage and support our members on a one on one basis,
- VP's of Programs, who produce our well attended monthly Programs, elegant December social and summer barbecue,
- Treasurer, who has a keen sense of accountability for our chapter finances,
- Trustees, who lead the chapter financial audit, review contracts, and develop the EC candidates' slate & conduct the annual elections and provide guidance,
- and, last but not least, our EVP, who coordinates the CIO Summit, is Chairperson of the Bylaws Committee, and assists the President and committee VP's.
For contact information, please see http://www.njsim.org/about-nj-sim/executive-committee .
I cannot thank enough our Executive Committee, all our volunteers and our Chapter members for their participation and partnership. Every member of our organization has a passion for success and each plays a part in making SIM NJ the outstanding organization that it is today. As we enter another exciting year for the Chapter, we are dedicated to enhancing the SIM NJ value proposition and enriching the membership experience.
During my term as President of SIM NJ, I look forward to working with our members, the local academic community and partner organizations. I will do my best to represent the chapter in the best possible manner, to advance our cause, and to continue to improve upon all that has been accomplished and established to date. The 2013/2014 program year is shaping up to be an exciting one! I look forward to networking with our members and guests at our meetings and events.
Thank you for your support.
President, SIM NJ