Vision and Mission
SIM New Jersey is one of over 30 chapters and 4000+ members that play a vital role in the success of SIM by extending its vision and mission into IT communities across the United States.
Our chapter is an excellent way to take advantage of the wealth of IT resources available in New Jersey, as well as the tri-state region. Through workshops, presentations, conferences, meetings and social outings, SIM New Jersey helps you stay informed on key industry issues while enabling members to establish valuable local, regional and even national contacts.
To be recognized as the community that is most preferred by IT leaders for delivering vital knowledge that creates business value and enables personal development.
SIM is an association of senior IT executives, prominent academicians, selected consultants, and other IT thought leaders built on the foundation of local chapters, who come together to share and enhance their rich intellectual capital for the benefit of its members and their organizations.
SIM members strongly believe in and champion:
- The alignment of IT and business as a valued partnership;
- The creation and sharing of best practices;
- The effective, efficient and innovative business use of information technology to continuously bring to market valuable products and services
- IT management and leadership skills development that enables our members growth at each stage of their career; The replenishment and education of future IT leaders including a strong role in influencing university curriculums and continuing education;
- Working with the IT industry to shape its direction; and policies and legislation that stimulate innovation, economic development, healthy competition and IT job creation.
- Serving our communities and the industry through giving and outreach
The New Jersey Chapter seeks to:
- Establish local networks of IT professionals who share knowledge and support each other in the pursuit of IT excellence
- Create and disseminate valuable intellectual capital to its members
- Help members derive value from their IT investments: people and technology
- Develop IT leaders
- Influence industry and government policies that impact the IT industry
- We continually strive to provide value to our chapter members. We have worked hard to create a friendly cooperative environment and have tailored our programs to meet the membership's specific interests, affiliations and career objectives. Both the administrative and governing functions of the chapter are peer-driven with assistance from SIM International