The NJ SIM Foundation, Inc. is a New Jersey Not for Profit 501(c)(3) corporation set up by the New Jersey Chapter of the Society for Information Management to assist worthy charities and individuals as described below.
New Jersey SIM Chapter has grown substantially in recent years and finds itself in a position where it can and wishes to "give back" to the IT profession and the community at large in the form of financial and/or information technology related assistance.
Why a "Giveback" Program ...
The purpose of the "giveback" program is to leverage our success, resources and capabilities to return value to the IT profession and community at large, in the form of both relevant services and charitable assistance. This includes:
- Providing funds to programs for the disadvantaged.
- Coordination of services in an effort to bring technology capabilities to those in need.
- Coordination of SIM NJ Members' participation in various academic forums/events.
- Financial assistance to IT students and charitable organizations.
Criteria for Assistance
Our by-laws allow funds to be distributed to persons or organizations that meet either of the following criteria:
- Charitable organizations based in the State of New Jersey that need financial and/or technical assistance with information technology to support their mission
- Individuals residing in and studying in New Jersey who need financial assistance to continue their educations, particularly but not necessarily, in the field of information technology
Sources of Funds ...
The Chapter organizes an annual charitable golf event that has become very successful. One hundred percent of the profitsÂ from this event go to the NJ SIM Foundation. Additionally, the Chapter participates and sponsors conferences and other special events for information technology executives and at the discretion of the Executive Committee shares the profits from such events with the Foundation.
In addition, other funding may be provided by corporations (contributions and gift-giving), individuals/members (including opportunities for matching company funds) and special programs.
Request for Grant
Please Click on the following for mor information:
Grant Process Calendar
Grant Cycle 1:
- Submit grant by Feb 28
- Grant Review - Mar - Apr
- Grant Approval - May EC Meeting
- Payout - June
Grant Cycle 2:
- Submit grant by Sep 30
- Grant Review - Oct - Nov
- Grant Approval - Dec EC Meeting
- Payout - Jan